Established in 1994, Sol Azul is a Mexican aquaculture company specializing in the production of pure oysters from the cold, pristine waters of Laguna San Ignacio along the Baja California peninsula.
Located within El Vizcaíno Biosphere Reserve, San Ignacio Lagoon is a truly unique place to grow and cultivate oysters and is one of the reasons why Sol Azul oysters are distinguished in their quality and taste.
Sol Azul’s vertically integrated operations include:
- A Seed hatchery in La Paz, BCS producing 40 Millons spats per year
- A nursery in San Ignacio Lagoon
- Two farms:
-San Ignacio Lagoon 320 acres
-Laguna Manuela 90 acres
- A clean room processing plant in San Ignacio with a capacity of 100,000 dozen oysters per month
- A packing and shipping plant in Ensenada
- Distribution and marketing department in San Diego, California.